A coveted address in Dupont
Kimpton Carlyle Hotel Dupont Circle is perfectly positioned right off bustling Dupont Circle, a neighborhood that proves a sensational feast for the senses. In this neck of the woods, you can browse trendy shops, wander vibrant, flag-lined Embassy Row, visit a weekend farmers market, get your culture on in galleries and historic houses, or savor tasty, regional fare and creative cocktails in some of the city's hippest spots (The Riggsby being one of them, of course). Consider moseying to the following neighboring hot spots:
- Kramerbooks: A well-stocked bookstore combined with a hopping café.
- Komi: One of D.C.'s most raved-about restaurants, featuring a James Beard Award-winning chef and an upscale, Mediterranean-inspired tasting menu (book ahead).
- Little Serow: A more recent (Thai) culinary gem by Komi's Chef-Owner Johnny Monis.
- Teaism: A tranquil, tea-centric oasis that serves dishes from bento boxes to curry bowls.
- Phillips Collection: A showcase of Impressionist and Modernist works, including paintings by Renoir and Rothko, Bonnard and O'Keeffe, van Gogh and Diebenkorn.
- Dupont Circle Fountain: A picturesque spot at which to observe, read, listen to musicians, and wile away an afternoon.
- Sunday Farmers Market: A weekly gathering of 40-plus farmers offering fruits and vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, cheeses, breads, fresh pasta, flowers, and more.
Once you've thoroughly immersed yourself in the Dupont scene, check out other nearby 'hoods, like 14th Street, Adams Morgan, Logan Circle and the U Street Corridor.